Welcome to our review of the ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 2 Person Tent.
Buying a tent can be difficult, particularly if you have no idea which features should you consider. To make a good start, you should know the top issues that users, campers or mountaineers deal with: space, ventilation, and weather conditions. The ‘room’ should be enough for you and your friend(s) to move comfortably inside. There should be sufficient airflow even during inclement weather condition. More important, the tent should be able to keep you dry and protect you during rain or windy day. Good thing there is the Alps Mountaineering Meramac 2 Person Tent that responds to all these problems.
Be sure to check out the Coleman Red Canyon tent.
Features Of The ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 2 Person Tent
- The Alps Meramac is a dome tent that can accommodate two individuals, with two doors and two windows for easy entry and effortless viewing.
- The polyester Fly is weather-proof, keeps you secure, and includes a ridge pole that offers an awning for every door.
- Fly and floor seams are factory sealed.
- Alps Mountaineering Meramac 2 Person Tent offers great ventilation, with its two doors having zippered windows and with the huge side mesh panels.
- It is made of polyester taffeta, is built from free-standing two-pole design, and includes shock-corded fiberglass frame that attaches to the tent using all the clips, which are easy to setup or take down.
- Windows comprise Storm Flaps that you can close in case of stormy weather and that can help you prevent water leakage.
- Package includes gear loft, carry bags, stakes, and guy ropes.
- It bears External Guy Out Loops to ensure tent stability.
Benefits Of The Alps Meramac
- The Alps Meramac Tent will not take much of your time because it is easy and fast to setup. With its Shock-corded fiberglass frame, you can rest assured that it is durable and that it can give you comfortable shelter while you are camping.
- The floor seams, as well as the fly, are factory sealed that you no longer have to do anything with it – you can use it right out of the bag.
- In case it rains during your camping, you can use the storm flaps to close the windows and prevent water from coming. The polyester fly, which serves as a covering for the entire tent, also allows you to keep the windows open so you can still get sufficient airflow even during downpour.
- The two doors and the two windows allow adequate airflow inside. The two doors permit one to enter or exit the tent without disturbing the person on the other side.
- The External Guy Loop Out offers huge help, especially during windy day or night, because it makes the tent stable.
Pros and Cons
- The tent is lightweight and easy to setup; it only takes them 30 seconds to do it – without looking for any instructions or asking for someone’s help.
- It is able to protect you from the rain – not one drop of rain inside.
- It is affordable yet built with high-quality materials.
- The Meramac is easy to carry.
- The tent is well-built; it can withstand thunderstorm and powerful wind. The zippers used are sturdy as well.
- The fabric or the polyester repels the water.
- It will not actually fit two persons – if you will also place your gear inside as it will already eat the space meant for your supposed companion.
- Without the fly on, there is no privacy because of the two side mesh panels.
- Some buyers said that it is too heavy for backpacking.
Alps Mountaineering Meramac 2 Person Tent is able to satisfy majority of its buyers as there are only a few people that expressed dissatisfaction over it. Most of the pleased users talked about these things: quality, ventilation, reasonable price, and ability to withstand weather conditions. In all these aspects, the ALPS Meramac passed with flying colors. The tent can withstand heavy rain or wind. The fly is able to serve its purpose – cover the tent enough to prevent water from coming and to still promote airflow. It is able to protect the person or persons inside. With the two windows and two doors, ventilation brings comfort to users. The price is affordable, considering that it is made of high quality materials – making it a worthy buy.
You may want to take a look at the Coleman Weathermaster 10.